Thursday, April 9, 2009

BlackBerry Development : error - Cannot run program "javac"

I had been away from BlackBerry development for about a month. In the mean time, I bought a new PC. Having installed BlackBerry JDE, I wrote a simple program. Then tried to build it. But as you know, error happens :(

I/O Error: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

And then I recalled that jdk bin directory had not been added to the Path environment variable. I added C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin , then built the project. The same error shows up again. Then I closed and reopened the workspace, built it. No luck. Then closed JDE, restarted JDE, opened the workspace, built the project and only then everything was fine!

Silly matters sometimes do cause trouble!

1 comments:

Troy said...

Hi,

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

-
Blackberry development